Friday, March 27, 2009

My Own Lens

So while on break I had a lot of time to think about certain things and one thing really came to my attention. I had formed my own lens. I've been back home many times but for some reason this time was so different everything that I did not realize before became too obvious to me. Just
coming back home felt like being on a foreign planet.

This is when I realized that I am finally, and proudly my own being.

The thing that I have been searching for all this time had finally manifested in me to a point where I could realize it for myself. In the many conversations that I had with my family over this break I realize that I am no longer underneath the guidance of my parents in my thoughts/opinions and that I have started to spread my own wings in order to carve my own path through the mystical sky. I do not know how to describe this feeling other than liberated. I feel those limiters that have been put on me through being spoiled and sheltered have shattered and it feels so refresh, crisp like the breeze of an ocean.
However, it is scary knowing that I am now my own person and what that entails about my future actions. At this time all I can think about are the countless people who have encouraged me to do one simple, yet incomprehensibly hard thing: "BE YOURSELF / TRUST YOURSELF"
Yes, I feel as though I have found that person, but to completely have faith in that me that I see is crazy! So I will embrace it and look into myself from now on the try and find my own answers that I seek. Ultimately in this journey to just be ME.

1 comment:

  1. liberation is both empowering and scary, but is a necessity for things to come. hope u had a great break.

    ReplyDelete